I just had a wonderful home-cooked whole chicken with stuffing and potatoes and some vegetable dish for lunch. It was almost like having Thanksgiving, but without Mo-mo’s chocolate pie. The girl that cooked it is really sweet but your typical Bush-hating European – we argued last night for an hour at dinner (to the chagrin of the 6 other people who sat in between us and had to idly listen to our conversation) about the two no-no topics: politics and religion.
Although I praised her for keeping a level head the whole time, she didn’t really buy my whole “it’s all relative” argument that, for example, the Europeans can have their 2 hour lunches and we can have our 15 minute power lunches and it’s all ok (something about food quality and the environment…) The good news is that she respected my viewpoint and calm, collected arguing style enough that I got invited to that delicious meal today…
The Texans get underway today and I'm all set up with the streaming radio online... free 7-day trial, but i'm sure i'll end up buying the whole season package for a ridiculous $35 (in contrast, I got 160 streaming video baseball games for $80)... Ok here's kickoff so i'm out...
11 September 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
After watching the bills rip our o-line to shreds, are you sure you are going to shell out the $35?
Let's not make any rash decisions right yet, but let´s just say that right now i´m scrambling to find my cancellation number for the subscription...
Post a Comment