Just got on the bus to Sevilla from Cádiz, about 5 hours later than I'd originally planned. The plan was to catch the 7am to Sevilla, change bus stations, get lost, and finally get on the 11am direct bus to Lisbon.
Considering it's 12:05 now and I'm still in Cádiz, i don't think that plan's happening.
I finished teaching yesterday night at 10:30pm, and after talking to karenne (a consultant friend) about her job, casually eating dinner, and getting into a discussion with my roommate about religion, i decided it was time to pack.
But since I won't be returning to the states again until the end of the Grand Finale® in August, I basically needed to get everything out of Spain that I won't need on my 6-week tour. This made packing a little more stressful.
By 4:15am I was done packing and procrastinating and talked to Becka, making her promise to not let me fall asleep.
By 5am, I changed my mind and decided to sleep for an hour, making her promise instead to call me.
She held up her end, but I whuffed. So did my alarms.
Now, I think I'm gonna try to get a 4:30 bus from Sevilla to Faro, a city in the famous Algarve region, stay for the night and take an early morning bus to Lisbon tomorrow.
At least, that's the plan. And that's assuming our bus driver doesn't dump our luggage out the side as he pulls away from a stop with the luggage door open again.
Updates forthcoming from my cell at least until the border...

No comments:
Post a Comment