19 February 2006

Pull that jersey off the rafters: I'm back

After a lengthy retirement, I've decided to return to the blog in typical OCD force, with a flurry of enthusiasm and stories, only to increase the likelihood that I wind up overwhelmed when I realize I can't devote three hours a night to telling my stories like I will do tonight...

In any case, I'm going to backdate my posts covering a slew of topics and a few vacations, including trips to London, The Sahara Desert and Morocco, Germany, and various places in between.

Personally, I'm in a good place right now, and no longer grind my teeth at night in agony over my purgatorian status as far as having a job for next year is concerned, and recently (as in Today) I have decided I have achieved a level of Spanish high enough that I will be comfortable speaking to my children completely in Spanish, one of my main personal goals for this year. This is no small accomplishment, but I also realize I have a long way to go before I can even consider myself proficient in the world's #3 and the USA's #2 language. But we're taking positive steps...

No comments: