Girl from course who is currently unemployed and would love to have my job: So, what are you doing after the course?
Me: Teaching English, hopefully (there's a chance my job offer was a fraud. small chance, yes, but a chance)
Girl: Well we're going to Sevilla, you should join us.
me: I think I'm going to stay in Cadiz. (truth)
Girl: oh do you think you'll find a job?
me: it would be nice to have some work. (this is true)
Girl: Well if you don't, you should come join us in Sevilla.
me: Yes, if I can't find work here, it would be nice to try Sevilla out. (generic truth revealing nothing)
Anyways, it's difficult to do, but i'm still glad I am in the situation I'm in rather than still looking for a job.
I found an apartment (flat) today. I'll be living with a German girl. I don't really know much about her but I somehow decided to live with her after only meeting her for 3 minutes...

But the apartment is amazing - the previous owner calls it a hobbit hole - the ceilings are barely tall enough for me, let alone my future roommate... I'll be about 1 minute from school and my job, and i'll be on the first floor of the building, which is nice b/c there's only one thing I hate more than stairs: fat men wearing leopard print thongs.
I'm generally really excited about my future here in Cadiz, but it's a bit rough at the moment because all my friends are leaving. I have three main friends, a French girl who speaks german and english, an English girl from Cornwall, and an American girl from DC who went to Wm & Mary. It's nice having girls for friends for the first time since freshman year, but it does suck when the whole class makes fun of you and your 'harem.' What am I supposed to do? There are 14 people in the class, and only three guys. Why is it a problem that I have made friends with three girls?

No comments:
Post a Comment