Despite the excrutiatingly long time between posts, I have not once again stopped posting to the blog; rather, I have spent significant time traveling with the lovely Becka Duvall, aka the girlfriend, in Venice, Paris, and Cadiz, and have been unable to post until now.
Overall, the 9-day extravaganza was a wonderful voyage, although perhaps a bit more expensive than I had imagined it would be. Seeing Becka after almost two months off, showing her my hometown in Spain, and visiting Paris and Venice, albeit as sight-mongering tourists, were all definite plusses. I learned a number of things about travel and Europe that will undoubtedly serve me well as I plan the Grand Finale of the Great European Adventure in June-July. Although in hindsight I think both the missus and I would have preferred a slower, more romantic trip, we successfully navigated our first full-length vacation together, and have returned to our respective countries with photos, memories, and intact valuables.
Now I will try to fill in the rest of details of the trip in the four days I have before I'm whisked to Madrid by the fastest train in Europe (the AVE from Sevilla to Madrid) to meet my parents and brother. For now, however, I must go to sleep to rest for a grueling 9am-10pm learning english/teaching spanish day...
06 March 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment