Tonight was different than Monday. Not just because the Astros won, clinching the NL pennant for the first time in franchise existence, and are headed to the World Series, but also because I remained calm and level-headed, much like Bagwell and Biggio, who weren't yelling and screaming, but smiling, patting each other on the back, and feeling happy. Monday I would have run into the streets in my underwear, proclaiming the good news to the 6am streets, only to be shot at most likely. Tonight, I grabbed my celebratory beer, opened it, and settled in with a huge smile on my face. I'm not sure if i matured as a baseball fan, more capable of handling the highs and lows, or if I was simply still numb from Monday night. But rather than overwhelming enthusiasm, I felt just happy. Pleased. Content.
Finally. The World Series in Houston. What a day.
20 October 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment